Friday, July 12, 2013

Cassandra Clare Talks About the Controversy in Clary and Jace's Storyline and other 'CITY OF BONES' Movie Questions

MSN UK sits down with Cassandra Clare to talk about random Mortal Instruments questions. They discuss the City of Bones movie process and other stuff like "would you rather be, a Shadowhunter or a downworlder?"
The Clary/Jace storyline in the books is quite controversial – were you worried about how this would translate on screen?Is it controversial? I think the end of the first book is a shocker but certainly by the third or so there's nothing particularly controversial there. Which I think is not unusual in a love story: they usually have obstacles and sometimes the obstacles can skate the edge of taboo because the love needs to be forbidden - there's a teacher/student romance in Divergent and Vampire Academy, Katniss is supposed to kill Peeta, Edward wants to eat Bella - I think by now audiences are pretty used to the idea of an insuperable obstacle to a love story.
Which would you rather be, a Shadow Hunter or an Downworlder?A Downworlder. They can kind of lay low and have somewhat normal lives, in certain cases. I’d last about half a second as a demon-killing soldier! I'd probably want to be a warlock, because then you can live forever without drinking blood. I don't think I'd like blood.
What can fans of the books expect from the movie?I haven’t seen the finished product, but they can expect to see a movie that takes the fictional world we love and makes it real, and gorgeous! The film won’t be exactly the same as the book, because film works very differently as a medium than the written word does, but I think it will be a lot of fun. I also think the actors are perfect for their roles, and that they will really win readers' hearts.
Read the full interview over at MSN UK.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Google+